Sunday, June 12, 2011

Student Bios



Bob Pitts


"I am from the west side of Pensacola and have always been fascinated with the diversity of our local history. Participating in the combined field school is extremely fulfilling. With the Cultural Resource Management (CRM) expertise of Dr. Gougeon, lessons from the terrestrial portion are invaluable. No effort has been spared to expose us to all applicable protocols and procedures."


Nicole Bucchino

"I graduated with a B.A. in Anthropology and a B.A. in History from UCF in 2010; I am now a historical archaeology graduate student at UWF.  I have studied abroad in Croatia, as well as being a historical research assistant at NASA's History Division and worked at the Maya site of Caracol in Belize, and I currently work at FPAN as a public history assistant.  My interests include maritime history, remote sensing in marine environments, identity in contact and colonial-period communities, and the impact of transatlantic trade.  During this year's combined field school, I hope to identify a thesis topic related to Pensacola's maritime cultural heritage."


Mike Doyle

"I am a student of both history and anthropology. I am also a park ranger and world traveler. My daddy told me I needed to go to college so I don’t end up digging holes for a living. So I chose to study archaeology."



No comments:

Post a Comment