Monday, June 6, 2011

Student Bios

Just as important as knowing what we are working on during this field school is knowing who is participating. We will be introducing each of the students participating in this year's field school, so readers can learn about our crew. Here are the first few:


Bill Lott

“I am a Florida native who found the perfect match for my interest in early American history in UWF’s Anthropology program. After attending a public lecture on the first Emmanuel Point shipwreck, I knew that archaeology was the instrument to pursue my passion for Florida’s rich cultural past. The maritime program provides a bridge to my hobbies of sailing, scuba diving, and travel. I am a senior majoring in archaeology and plan to enter the Masters program at UWF, eventually seeking employment as a National Parks Service interpreter.”


Zach Harris

“I am entering my senior year at UWF, seeking a B.A. in Anthropology with a focus on Archaeology. I enrolled in the combined maritime/terrestrial field school in order to experience a broad spectrum of archaeology. My interests include battlefield archaeology, military history, the first inhabitants of North America, piƱa coladas and getting caught in the rain.”


Amanda Schultz

“I am a senior majoring in Maritime Studies, and minoring in general Anthropology, and this summer is my last semester. I am taking the combined field school because I felt it would be helpful when looking for a job in the future. Some of my favorite things to do are reading and hanging out at the beach.”

No comments:

Post a Comment