Friday, July 22, 2011

Student Bios



Ben Wells

I graduated from Mercyhurst College in 2010 with a B.A. in Anthropology and Archaeology and minor in History. Wishing to pursue my interest in maritime archaeology, I enrolled in the UWF Historical Archaeology Master's program with maritime focus. I have excavated sites in Pennsylvania, Texas, and New Mexico, and surveyed portions of the Gulf of Mexico searching for prehistoric coastlines. My current interests include submerged Paleo-Indian sites, sail-to-steam transition, and Confederate maritime practices. Actually, I am interested in any topic remotely related to maritime archaeology and look forward to being able to work many different site types.


Stephanie Dominici

I'm currently a junior a UWF, majoring in archaeology with a maritime minor. I have been diving for 6 years and love looking for things. The combined field study school so far has shown me how to properly record and excavate a site within its context.



Richard Williams

I was raised in Milton, Florida by my mother, grandparents, and many other members of my family. Because I was always surrounded by those that served in the military through some of our nation's and planet's darkest and most memorable parts of history, I learned a great deal about history. It wasn't until I grew up that I eventually took place in some of the later 20th century's historical moments. I now have the chance to preserve our history for younger generations so that they may start where I left off as a child and garner their own interests. Field school for me was like no other, and for anyone wondering if they should attend, there is no doubt that they should. It has never been the depths of history that make us who we are, it is the journey that leads us there.

No comments:

Post a Comment